Tips and Pointers from Customers
We welcome your help for our users - please share your tips for running Fluorognost!
- Always completely dissolve PBS, un-dissolved particles can appear as nonspecific fluorescing when reading.
- 40 - 60 percent of the cells on the infected wells are infected with virus - this gives you a reference to true positive cells and do not expect all cells to fluoresce in a true positive.
- The cells are human T-cells that have a very large nucleus and the cytoplasm is compressed in an acentric structure localized at one end of the cell. A positive cytoplasmic pattern gives the specific staining of half moon or polar cap, depending on the orientation of the cell.
- Do not let the wells dry during procedure , this causes poor results
- Only 1 set of controls is needed for each run or batch, not each slide
Kit suggestions to avoid problems:
- Do not expose the whole kit for prolonged time to warm temperatures
- Do not expose FITC to warm temperatures or a bright light
-If Storage Refrigerator is not validated and gets too cold ( under 0°C ) and warms up again, it is a kit killer
- Relative humidity over 70-75 % to exposed slides for a prolonged time is bad.